BECOME A CIVIL AIR PATROL CADET
Want to prepare for a military career or just want to better yourself as a person while helping out your community and having fun? Then CAP might be for you! By becoming a member you are in no way obligated to join any branch of the military. You become a volunteer citizen who cares about their community and helping others, while serving in a structured leadership development program that gives you access to amazing opportunities. As a Civil Air Patrol Cadet, you will be doing things that your peers could only dream about.
If you decide CAP membership is something you wish to pursue, here is how you can begin:
Are you eligible for Membership?
The following are the basic criteria that all potential CAP Cadets must meet in order to join (CAP does not discriminate based on disability, gender, race, or religion):
Between the ages of 12 and 18.
- Enrolled in or graduated from a private, public, home school or college program with a satisfactory record of academic achievement.
- Not a member of the active duty Armed Forces. National Guard and Reserve personnel are not considered active duty Armed Forces unless they are serving on extended active duty. CAP does not consider Basic Military Training for Guard and Reserve personnel as extended active duty in regards to membership eligibility.
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence to the United States of America and its territories and possessions or any lawfully admitted non-citizen residing in the United States specifically approved by the National Commander's designee
- Good moral character.
- If a former member of CAP, must not have been terminated for misconduct.
- Be accepted by the unit and higher headquarters.
Reserve your date by clicking this link, filling out the form, and clicking "Submit."
Please be as accurate as possible - this information is required to grant you clearance onto the base. Be sure that the person driving has a valid state Driver's License, vehicle registration, and vehicle insurance card with them when they bring you. If you cannot access this form, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, age, and the names of anyone else accompanying you to the meeting.
Select a date to come learn about Civil Air Patrol membership.
Registration closes at 11:59pm fifteen days immediately before each respective date. This is to allow the Youngstown Air Reserve Station to conduct a basic background check prior to admitting you entrance to the base. The following dates are available (times are 7:00pm to 9:00pm):
- 8 October 2018 Registration Closed
- 14 January 2019 Registration Deadline: 30 December 2018 at 11:59 p.m
Come learn about the Civil Air Patrol.
Meet with us on your reserved date at the Youngstown Air Reserve Station. You will receive an e-mail with further location details. We will discuss the many opportunities and benefits that come with Civil Air Patrol membership, and outline items such as costs and how our Cadet Orientation Program works. If you decide that you want to continue, you can begin your training the next Monday night. You will not have to make a final decision on joining until your third week of training.
Begin the Cadet Orientation Program.
This is a formal training course that covers the next eight Monday nights from 7:00pm to 9:00pm (except the two Physical Fitness nights which will be from 6:30pm-9:00pm). During this time, you will receive training in the basic fundamentals of cadet life, process your membership application, and receive your basic uniform issue (if available). This program is designed to give you a solid training foundation in the company of other new members so that you can maximize the benefits of your CAP membership.
Graduation! Welcome to the Civil Air Patrol!
Once you graduate the Cadet Orientation Program you will hit the ground running as a part of our team, helping us carry on the excellence of the Squadron in our service to the area.